As you may be aware, the major version releases of Tableau Desktop 9.0 and Server 9.0 are on the way for public downloading in the coming days.
As for this new release of the Tableau Server 9.0, you will get the following major upgrades:
- New Intuitive User Interface
- Better Security Permissioning
- Extended Command Line and REST API client integration
- High Availability by new Cluster Management
- Performance Enhancements by Server Processor Cores & Server Caching
The future details can be viewed via http://interworks.co.uk/blog/whats-new-tableau-server-9-0/
With this new release of the Tableau Desktop 9.0, the new stellar key features are:
- More and more data connections (Yes, it can easily connect to IBM SPSS and SAS data files directly at your fingertip now!)
- More fluid Web 3.0 User Interface
- New stunning Mapping graphics (Even outshine the classic Tableau maps)
- New shining responsive Tooltips
- More sophisticated In-line Editing capabilities along with much more powerful Calculated Field Editor.
Please feel free to view the details via
Note: From my personal point of view here, PowerBI and Tableau seem to be serving for quite different purposes of tools to the business users/current markets as PowerBI is more powerful and flexible for the reporting capabilities whereas Tableau is just more of a quick graphical dashboard-ing tool for the data discovery purpose.