So excited about this ground-breaking SQL Server 2016 public preview release in the coming months. In summary, the top capabilities for the release include:
- Always Encrypted - a new capability that protects data at rest and in motion,
- Stretch Database - new technology that lets you dynamically stretch your warm and cold transactional data to Microsoft Azure,
- Enhancements Real-time Operational Analytics & In-Memory OLTP - leading in-memory technologies for real-time analytics on top of breakthrough transactional performance.
- Built-in Advanced Analytics, PolyBase and Mobile BI with R integration
Also additional capabilities in SQL Server 2016 include:
- Additional security enhancements for Row-level Security and Dynamic Data Masking to round out our security investments with Always Encrypted.
- Improvements to AlwaysOn for more robust availability and disaster recovery with multiple synchronous replicas and secondary load balancing.
- Native JSON support to offer better performance and support for your many types of your data.
- SQL Server Enterprise Information Management (EIM) tools and Analysis Services get an upgrade in performance, usability and scalability.
- Faster hybrid backups, high availability and disaster recovery scenarios to backup and restore your on-premises databases to Azure and place your SQL Server AlwaysOn secondaries in Azure.
The further details for the SQL Server 2016 public preview information can be found via http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/sql-server-2016/
P.S. the latest MS Power BI preview will be also fully released this summer as well along with much more appealing visualization and sophisticated data capabilities.
As you may be aware, the major version releases of Tableau Desktop 9.0 and Server 9.0 are on the way for public downloading in the coming days.
As for this new release of the Tableau Server 9.0, you will get the following major upgrades:
- New Intuitive User Interface
- Better Security Permissioning
- Extended Command Line and REST API client integration
- High Availability by new Cluster Management
- Performance Enhancements by Server Processor Cores & Server Caching
The future details can be viewed via http://interworks.co.uk/blog/whats-new-tableau-server-9-0/
With this new release of the Tableau Desktop 9.0, the new stellar key features are:
- More and more data connections (Yes, it can easily connect to IBM SPSS and SAS data files directly at your fingertip now!)
- More fluid Web 3.0 User Interface
- New stunning Mapping graphics (Even outshine the classic Tableau maps)
- New shining responsive Tooltips
- More sophisticated In-line Editing capabilities along with much more powerful Calculated Field Editor.
Please feel free to view the details via
Note: From my personal point of view here, PowerBI and Tableau seem to be serving for quite different purposes of tools to the business users/current markets as PowerBI is more powerful and flexible for the reporting capabilities whereas Tableau is just more of a quick graphical dashboard-ing tool for the data discovery purpose.